Procedure on Processing SSL Certificate
What Is SSL? SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted links between a server and a client—typically a web server (website) and a browser; or a mail server and a mail client (e.g., Outlook). SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely. Normally, data sent between browsers and web servers is sent in plain text—leaving you vulnerable to eavesdropping. If an attacker is able to intercept all data being sent between a browser and a web server they can see and use that information. By convention, URLs that require an SSL connection start with https: instead of http:.
Advantages of Having an SSL Certificate:
1. SSL provides server authentication. This method assures that sending of information is going to the right server.
2. SSL protects from phishing.
3. Secures the transmission of data through encryption.
Different kind of SSL that we cater:
A. Single Domain SSL - it only covers a specific domain name (Php 8,250.00/Year)
B. Wild card SSL - It covers not only a specific domain but also its sub - domain name/s. Available only for Dedicated Server. (Php 11,000.00/Year)
C. Extended Domain SSL - High Security Encryption, it covers both domain name and browser. (Php19,500.00/Year)
Requirements to avail an SSL Certificate:
C. Static IP Address
Note: Client could use their own IP address (verify to their ISP) or avail an additional IP Address with us (Php 960.00/year).
1. Create Job order (provided with conforme and payment)
2. Forward the Job order to Technical to generate CSR and to provide the email approver to be posted in the JO discussion. If the client is hosted to us, the CSR will be generated by Technical. If the client is hosted to another provider or having an in-house server, the CSR will be generated by the client. Meanwhile, email approver is usually admin@domain,webmaster@domain and postmaster@domain. JOB ORDER WILL BE TAGGED AS PROCESSING.
3. Once the CSR is generated and email approver is provided, forward the job order to Ms. Gladys for SSL certificate purchase.
4. Verification email will be sent to the email approver. Once the provided link is clicked and approved, Rapid SSL will proceed in purchasing the SSL order.
5. Rapid SSL willl send the installation procedure to WebFocus. Ms. Gladys will forward it to Technical if the client is hosted to us. But if the client is hosted to another provider or having an in-house server, the installation procedure will be forwarded to the client by customer care. JOB ORDER WILL THEN BE TAGGED AS COMPLETED.