New Dedicated Server Guidelines
GUIDELINES FOR NEW DEDICATED / CLUSTERED SERVERS
1. Technical Team will receive a job order from Customer Care.
2. Once received, the technical person in-charge should monitor Server Beach’s ticket center for the provisioning of server.
3. After the provisioning, Server Beach will now send the credentials to our ticket portal. **There is a 24hour SLA for ordering a new server.
4. The technical person in-charge will now follow all guidelines to harden the new Linux/Windows Server and install all basic services and applications.
a. \\orion\data\technical support\manuals-for-sorting\hardening
5. After doing the hardening, prepare the welcome letter and can be found below:
a. \\orion\data\technical support\forms\welcome letter
6. Send the welcome letter to our client through a text attachment and CC the consultant assigned on the account and BCC your email account. Use firstname.lastname@example.org in sending Welcome Letters.
7. Then inform the Technical Manager that the server hardening is complete.
8. Technical Manager will respond, “Job Order completed”